Asset Management Companies
What is an Asset Management Company and What are Its Functions?
An asset management company (AMC) is a legal entity that conducts a professional activity on the management of assets of collective investment institutions (CII) based on a license issued by the National Securities and Stock Market Commission of Ukraine.
An asset management company:
- establishes a CII (unit fund);
- issues and offers/places CII securities; engages agents that offer/place securities among investors;
- exercises management of CII assets; after the money has been transferred to the CII’s account, the AMC directs them to the purchase of assets with the aim to create the portfolio with allocation and structure specified in the fund’s Investment Declaration which is part of its Rules;
- specialists of its analytical department analyse the markets of securities, real estate and other assets, the instruments of which form a part of the CII’s assets;
- specialists of its investment department are looking for new objects for investments;
- specialists of its financial department perform daily revaluation of assets, draw up contracts on purchase and sale of assets, compile reports to government bodies and that oversee and regulate the activities of AMC to the SRO (UAIB);
- carries out everyday activities of CII.
|Total number of members||311||as at 17.05.22|
|Number of AMC||305||as at 17.05.22|
|Number of NPF administrators||19||as at 17.05.22|
|Number of CII||1755||as at 17.05.22|
|Number of NPF*||57||as at 17.05.22|
|IC Number*||2||as at 30.11.21|
|AuM, UAH M||522 907||as at 30.11.21|
|NPF assets under administration, UAH M||2 164||as at 30.11.21|